General advice regarding the installation of wood flooring
To ensure that the wood flooring element of your project is fitted without future problems please consider the following advice:
- Ensure that as far as is possible that the building is a sealed unit with all windows and doors fitted.
- Ensure that the crawl space under the wood floor has adequate ventilation.
- Check bearers and joists for rot or infestation.
- Ensure that all wet trades such as plastering and painting are completed and that they are dry.
- Try to ensure that the climatic conditions in the property are at levels that would be normally experienced in the property under normal living conditions for that time of year.
- If the wood flooring needs to be acclimatised, ensure that the correct site conditions are in place.
- Once all the wood flooring has been installed, other trades personnel should be careful not to damage the floor.